All dogs love walking around with their owners. Some even sneak out of their home when their parents don’t keep the eyes on them to make a solo adventure. They love the park, any place that they can play, meet, and hang out with friends. It’s the most wonderful moments of the day, aside from sleeping on a favorite bed.
And here are 25 ways that dogs often use to chill in the park. They’re enough to make your day. Believe us! Some that are calm and affectionate stay next to their humans and join them in their activities, reading books, for instance. Meanwhile, some can’t hide their excitement any longer. They start walking and running around to explore the surrounding. Let’s check them all!
1. “Why not get a bath when walking in the park? It’s such a perfect place to chill!”
2. “Walking around to see humans and nature around me. It makes me relaxed and fills me up with positive energy.”
3. “Play chasing game with first-met friends is so exciting. We eventually become friends.”
4. “Snuggle up to fallen leaves. Nothing is better than this. I just love the smell of fallen leaves and its sound when I lay down them.”
5. “One of the best things to do in the park is to take a nap. It’s an ideal way to inhale fresh air and calm down your mind.”
6. “Nothing is better than play with powder color in the park. We dye our fur with pink and get so much fun with it.”
7. “Hang out with friends and gossip the world. Look no further!”
8. “Watch out my human while he’s engaging in his favorite book at the park. I’m a guardian now.”
9. “Why not take a nap right walking in the park? I just lay down here and don’t move even when my mom urges me to wake up.”
10. “Observe the nature around. You should never miss this when walking in the park.”
11. “Stand still for a while and inhale the fresh atmosphere in the park.”
12. “My mom knows that I love taking nap in the park, so she brings a carpet for me.”
13. “Take some selfie pictures with your owners to prove who is master at this.”
14. “Smell the fragrance of the grass and nature. Nothing is better.”
15. “Look at new friends and think of how to make friends with them.”
16. “Show off your “sharpness” with other dogs around you. Don’t approach me. I’m not in the mood for that.”
17. “One of the most amazing things to chill in the park is to chase with friends. It has enough room for us to do this.”
18. “Lay down on the green grass and play with a small tree branch.”
19. “The weather is perfect for me to take a spot, inhale a fresh atmosphere, and enjoy nature around me.”
20. “You are calling me? I’m just taking a sun bath.”
21. “This guy invites me to join him in his selfies while we’re in the park. Who is in the spotlight?”
22. “A kind of frisbee?”
23. “Dogs also have awkward moments with unflattering pictures.”
𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚘𝚜 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝙲𝚞𝚝𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚘𝚐 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙶𝚞𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚐 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 (𝟹𝟶 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚜)
Meet Tao, a 12-year-old golden retriever who unfortunately has had to get eyes surgically removed due to glaucoma, which is an eye disease that results in unrecoverable damage to the optic nerve.
Melanie Jackson who is the loving owner of Tao, recounted how it all went. Last year, Tao got unfortunately diagnosed with glaucoma. It’s an eye disease where the eye can’t effectively drain its fluids. The disease progressed unexpectedly until one day, Tao seemed to be doing ok in the morning, but took a turn for the worse in the evening. He started shaking his head which is what dogs tend to do that when they feel some pain. Then in just a few hours, he went completely blind in one of his eyes and had to get it removed. Then in January, his other fully eye gave out and sadly had to be removed as well.
Tao lost both of his eyes due to glaucoma. But despite his blindness, he did recover quickly and was joyful once again
Tao, being a ressilient dog recovered quickly. It only took him three days before he was walking up the staircase all by himself and was able to walk without a leash. He did seem happy and joyful, but there was something missing. Tao needed someone else to play with him, a partner, a buddy to keep him company and guide him especially since he’d lost his sight.
“Tao’s health is really good now. He’s in no pain, and to say he’s nearly 12, he acts like a much younger dog! He does everything he used to do apart from jumping up hay bales and jumping over hedges—we walk around 8 miles a day and he still trains most days,” said owner Melanie
Melanie the owner has decided to look for another dog that could be Tao’s buddy Enter Oko, he clicked with Tao and became his guide at only 8 weeks old.
“Oko is amazing for such a young pup,”
Oko who is another golden retriever was only about 8 weeks old when Melanie got him, regardless of the age gap the pup pair seemed to click right away and have become an inseparable pair ever since. Oko has also by default become a guide dog for Tao. Tao follows Oko around when they’re walking around, they like to cuddle and even sleep together. The owner is also training Tao to follow Oko in the hope that he would avoid any trouble. “Oko is being trained by me—if not, he would lead Tao into mischief as he is a typical inquisitive puppy. Tao is being trained to follow Oko’s scent and Oko to listen and respond to my commands to ‘stop, wait, go right, go left.’”
Watch the adorable pair playing together below:
They’re always together. They walk, cuddle and sleep together Melanie the owner is also training Tao to follow Oko’s lead
9 weeks in, Oko looked like he was already used to his new role. Mel, the owner, has also raised a cause for glaucoma awareness in dogs in the hopes of helping others. She worked with ‘The Kennel Club’, who analyzed Tao’s DNA in the hope that it would help identify other dogs’ proneness to glaucoma. This horrible disease can be prevented if it is diagnosed early enough. Ever since the post, the internet just fell in love with this adorable pair. See their Instagram here
She is also helping raise awareness for the issue of glaucoma in dogs Oko, who was around 17 weeks old at the time, had gotten used to his new role
“Tao is a 100% mommy’s boy – he is always close by and he is like my little shadow. He loves to please and his favorite thing is scent work—he still scents out balls in the hedges and fields and loves finding his toys when l hide them either in the garden or in the house.
“Oko was bred by a fantastic breeder from Cornwall—we had always planned to have another pup after Tao lost his brother Otis to cancer 3 years ago, but due to his sight loss and the training l needed to do with Tao, we had to focus on him until the time was right.
“Tao is an amazing dog and is loved by everyone we meet—he is known locally and people often ask if they can have a selfie with him.”
Before and after (9 weeks difference)
“Oko is being trained by me,” reveals Jackson. “If not, he would lead Tao into mischief as he is a typical inquisitive puppy. Tao is being trained to follow Oko’s scent and Oko to listen and respond to my commands to ‘stop, wait, go right, go left.’”
The doggy duo is exploding over social media, with a solid 50k followers You don’t need to see to take in the sun Laughing out loud at each others jokes “You crack me up, pal” True friendship That’s all, folks!