In the most recent episode of Mnet’s “TMI News,” the panel named the K-pop idols who had to pay the most expensive tuition while they were students.
Keep on reading to see who they chose!
Mnet’s “TMI NEWS” Selects NCT Ten, Red Velvet Wendy, and More as the Idols Who Had the Most Expensive Tuitions
On the Jun. 2 episode of “TMI News,” the cast named the idols who had the pay the most expensive tuition when they were students.
Topping the list is none other than NCT, WayV, and SuperM member Ten! The Thai idol students at the coeducational British international School, Shrewsbury International School, in Bangkok, Thailand. Ten studied there for ten years, and it has been reported that Ten’s parents paid 288 million won ($259,004.48) for him to study there.
Depending on the grade level, tuition at Shrewsbury International School can range from $17,180.06 to $30,569.13. Ten’s school is known as one of the most expensive in Thailand, and it shows; the school has a library with over 40,000 books, two sports fields, a professional dance studio, interactive whiteboards, a gymnastics hall, and more!
Second place went to GOT7’s very own Jackson!
As a student in Hong Kong, Jackson attended the private, independent international school, American International School Hong Kong.
“TMI News” stated that for all the years Jackson spent in the school, his parents paid HKD 1,631,680 (Hong Kong dollars), approximately $210,288.36 USD.
The American International School followed a US-based educational program. The school is accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges and is a member of the East Asian Regional Councils of Schools, the College Board, and is an international member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
Third place went to Red Velvet member Wendy. Unlike Ten and Jackson, Wendy studied in numerous schools across the United States and Canada. During her time in Minnesota, she attended the Shattuck-Saint Mary’s.
In Canada, she attended Richmond Hill High School. As fans know, Wendy was a consistent honor student and athlete and had earned numerous academic and music-related awards during her time as a student.
Both schools are private boarding schools, according to “TMI News.” Wendy’s tuition in both schools reportedly amounted to $55,000 in one year and 184 million won ($165,461.80) in total.
These are the Idols With The Most Expensive Tuitions, According to “TMI News”
*Note: School name is seen next to idol’s name
1. NCT’s Ten – Shrewsbury International School
2. GOT7’s Jackson – The American International School
3. Red Velvet’s Wendy – Shattuck-Saint Mary’s and Richmond Hill High School
4. f(x)’s Krystal – Korean Kent Foreign School
5. Golden Child’s Jaehyun – Seoul Younghoon Elementary School
6. NU’EST’s Aron – Loyola High School
7. Kwon Hyunbin – Aoba-Japan International School
8. BIGBANG’s G-Dragon – Seoul Korean Traditional Arts Middle and High School
9. BAE173’s Dohyon – St. Mary’s International School and Daechi International School (Denmark)
10. STAYC’s Sieun – Sangmyung Middle School and Goyang Arts High School
11. ENHYPEN’s Jake – St. Peters Lutheran College
12. Choi Woo Sik – Pinetree Secondary School
13. NCT’s Winwin – Affiliated Secondary School of the Beijing Dance Academy
14. Henry Lau – Kenollie Public School, Steelesview Public School, Zion Heights Junior High School, North Toronto Collegiate Institute, A.Y. Jackson Secondary School